2. Health Education
3. Diabetic Care Program
4. Comprehensive Perinatal Services Program (CPSP)
5. Behavioral Health Services
Female patients with postive pregnancy tests are referred to the CPSP program. Visits consist of education and information, (nutrition, psychosocial assessments, and educational videos), that are designed to improve the health of mom and baby!
- The Health Educator is available onsite for immediate referrals and scheduled appointments.
- Individual health education counseling is provided as needed to discuss chronic conditions, birth control methods and sexually transmitted infections.
- Group classes are offered on a monthly basis on topics such as Weight Management, Diabetes, Hypertension, Asthma, Hepatitis C and Pesticide training.These classes are open to the public.
Health Education Services
The Nutritionist will assess and discuss your eating and exercise habits, and, when needed, will provide you with information to improve your health through changes in diet and exercise. Appointments with the nutritionist are scheduled on Wednesdays from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm. Call your desired location for more information and to make appointments.
- Physicians manage overall health care.
- The Case Manager tracks your status in the care plan.
- The Nutritionist assists in meal planning, exercise planning and weight management.
- The Health Educator provides education, materials and implementation of an exercise program.
- Behavior Health helps with self-management goals.
- Specialists (Dentist, Podiatrist, Optometrist, and others if needed).
When an uninsured patient enrolls in the program they will receive their first annual visit with the Dentist and Podiatrist at no charge. The visits with the Case Manager, Nutritionist, Health Educator, and Health Care Counselors (Behavior Health) are also provided to established ACHC patients at no cost.
What kinds of problems can a counselor help you with?
Counselors work with doctors to help patients experiencing depression, anxiety, stress, drug and alcohol abuse, domestic abuse, obesity, smoking, diabetes and other issues; often at the visit with your doctor.
Primary Care Behavioral Health Consultation Services (BHC)
The Behavioral Health Consultation Services with our Health Counselors is a program being made available to patients within the Avenal Clinic as a part of overall quality health care. The purpose of this service is to offer assistance when habits, behaviors, stress, worry or other life problems are interfering with your health and daily life. All ACHC patients are eligible for these services.
A Case Manager creates a Care Plan for patients and schedules appointments with other members of the healthcare team. She is available onsite for immediate referral.
This program is designed to help improve a patient’s health care by following several steps. Appropriate tools and resources are provided to guide you through the program.
Our goal is to help you:
- Manage your Diabetes.
- Take control of your Diabetes, and
- Help prevent future health problems that can be caused by Diabetes.